Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Booya Ranch!

I love the outdoors and wildlife. So I decided to have some fun and write a story about deer cartoon characters!

Once upon a time in far off woods on Booya Ranch, there lived two herds of deer. The dominating group was known as the Wranglers and the other herd was called Rustlers. It was forbidden to have friends that weren’t from your herd. If the leader found out that you were friends with the others, you would be banished from Booya Ranch and had to make it on your own. Well one day, Sally, a deer from the Wranglers group was drinking water by herself. Now Sally is the daughter of the leader, so a lot is expected from her and she has to obey all the rules. While she was drinking water from the pond something caught her eye from the other side of the water. Trying not to stare, she sees a handsome young buck drinking water from the same pond. She starts to blush as the buck walks around the pond to her.
In a deep masculine voice he says, “Howdy! Sure is a nice day, don’t you think?”
Stuttering Sally replies, “W-w-why yes it is a beautiful day.” Clearing her throat she asks, “Are you new here? I’ve never seen you before.”
The buck replies, “Why yes I am new here. I have no family in these parts of the woods. My name is John. John Deere. What is your name?”
Battering her eyelids Sally replies, “My name is Sally.”
They stayed at the pond till dark, running, playing, and talking until they had to go home.
Every morning after that, they would meet and play together all day. One day John told Sally that the leader of the Rustlers asked him to join their herd.
Sally’s voice cracked as she said, “But, but if you join them then we can’t be friends any more.”
John told her, “Well I haven’t been offered a place on the Wranglers herd.”
They spent the rest of the evening crying. The next morning when Sally went to meet John she had a brilliant idea. She ran up to John to share her thought.
“John! John! I have an idea. It’s perfect! Please say you will.”
John said, “Hold on Sally, you haven’t even told me the idea, what is it?”
Sally exclaimed, “Why don’t you come home and meet my father? He is the leader of the Wranglers and if you come home with me I can convince him to offer you a spot in our herd.”
With out blinking an eye John hollered, “Of course I will, let’s go right now!”
So Sally takes John to meet her father and the rest of the herd and everyone fell in love with the handsome buck.
Sally asked her father, “Can John join the herd? He is really nice daddy, he is my friend.”
Looking down at his daughter, he just couldn’t tell her no. “Why of course honey, we will have a ceremony for him tonight!”
That night the Wrangler herd partied as they welcomed John Deere. Sally and John were best friends forever.

No comments: