Thursday, April 17, 2008

Fairy Tales Keepsake Collection

Fairy Tales Keepsake Collection from Publications International, ltd. is an amazing book. As the title says, it is a collection of fairy tales. The tales included in this specific book include: Rumpelstiltskin, King Midas, Beauty and the Beast, Rapunzel, Thumbelina, The Emperor’s New Clothes, Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, Pinocchio, The Frog Prince, and Sleeping Beauty. Obviously I love this book because I love fairy tales, one day I’ll be Cinderella and get my prince (I hope!). But I think this is a very useful book to have.
One, when I have a family one day I wont have to have 11 different books, I can have one with all 11 stories in it! A big space saver! Also, the pictures are amazing and the font is big which makes it easy for smaller children.
This will be a great tool to use in my future classroom one day. Not every child grows up in a house where the parents read to them and tell them the fairy tales that I have grown up with. Therefore, I will have to take careful care when referring back to the fairy tales in my classroom. With this book, I will have easy access to eleven fairy tales. So, before I make reference to a fairy tale, I can pull out this book and read that specific fairy tale to the class. This way, the entire class has heard and experienced the story. This is will put all of the students on the same playing level.
I really like this book and plan to have it in my classroom one day!

No comments: