Sunday, March 23, 2008

Ella Enchanted

I am so glad I read the book Ella Enchanted before I watched the movie. i loved the book, absolutely loved it. Once I started it, I couldn't put it down; the second half of the book was like a lifetime movie! I thought for sure that the movie would be great. But it wasn't. The entire story was turned around. The plot was not the same at all, I think the only thing that was the same was the names of the people. There was a lot of things different in the movie, but here are the things that really got to me.
The book that Mandy gave to Ella in the movie was ridiculous. She turned her boyfriend into a book? Come on, for real. I didn't like how in the movie it made Mandy look like a clumsy fairy, and that she couldn't do anything right. I liked the novel so much better because Mandy was a good fairy who only did small magic; howeer, the movie turned her into a fairy that couldn't get anything right.
I also didn't like how the spell was broken. Ella was going to kill Char? Wrong! I liked the novel better because when she broke the curse it was because of true love, not because she was commanded to kill him.
I really did not like the movie at all!

1 comment:

Dr. Elizabeth Robinson said...

3 entries, all different, each exceeds 100 words; content excellent. See grade in Vista.