Thursday, March 20, 2008

Eric Carle's Animals Animals

This book is a must have for any one! This book is a collection of poems about animals and they are illustrated by Eric Carle. If you know any thing about Eric Carle, you know his illustrations are amazing! You can use this book for so many different things. An English lesson, a science lesson, a social studies lesson, even math lesson. Some of the poems are just funny and others are very informative.
My favorite one is the one by Mary Ann Hoberman called Giraffes. I love this poem and I love this illustration!
Another one I like is by Lucy W. Rhu called Enigma Sartorial, it’s about penguins. “Dressed in his dinner clothes Permanently. You never can tell when you see him about, If he’s just coming in Or just going out!” I love penguins and that is so funny!
This book can be used while teaching an insect unit. There are poems about insects in general, called Every Insect, and then there are poems about ants, crickets, bees, etc. One of the illustrations for the Every Insect poem has a picture of an insect with the parts broken apart and labeled, very informative.
The collection of poems covers animals from all areas. Zoo animals, farm animals, birds, insects, wildlife, reptiles…everything!
I will definitely use this book in my classroom one day, and I recommend it to everyone!

No comments: