Saturday, March 8, 2008

Peter Pan

Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie is by far one of my favorite books! Peter Pan and the lost boys live in Neverland. One night Peter brings back Wendy and her two brothers, Michael and John, back to Neverland so Wendy can be their mother. Their adventures are endless, everything from the mermaid lagoon to fighting off pirates!
There are so many parts of the books that I just loved. One of my favorites was in chapter 8 when Peter is imitating Captain Hook’s voice to free Tiger Lily. Smee is so funny because he knows that Hook wouldn’t want him to untie her and let her go, but he does it anyways! Another part was in chapter 7 when Wendy gives the lost boys quizzes about their mothers and fathers. I found it funny how Slightly answered every single question because he wanted to come out on top, but every one of his answers were ridiculous. Another one is in chapter 10, on page 92 when it discusses the rule that they have established. “There was a fixed rule that they must never hit back at meals, but should refer the matter of dispute to Wendy b raising the right arm politely and saying, “I complain of so-and-so;” but what usually happened was that they forgot to do this or did it too much.” Then, on the next page you read how every single one of them, one after another, say they complain of…. They complain of…. They complain of….
I think why I like this book so much is because it is so funny! I laughed and laughed when I was reading it. Also I like it because I’ve felt like Peter Pan and the lost boys. There was times when I was little that I didn’t want to grow up! Oh wait, I still don’t want to grow up! I really liked this book and will one day use it in my classroom!

No comments: