Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Big City Apartment and the Big Farm

One upon a time, there were two cats. The first one, Princess Sofia, lived in a big city apartment where she spent the day laying in her soft cat bed and watching television. The other cat, Sandra, lived on a big farm where she spent the day chasing off mice from the barns and shops on the farm.

One day at the exact same time, Princess Sofia in the big city apartment and Sandra on the big farm said, “I don’t like my life, how I long to be somewhere else.”

Princess Sofia continued, “I am so bored sitting in the house all by lonesome, I wish I could live somewhere where I could spend the day running around.”

Sandra said, “I am so tired of working all the time. I am exhausted from running around all day, I wish I lived somewhere where I could lay around all day and do nothing.”

At that exact moment the ground start shaking, the cats screamed, and all of a sudden everything went black.

Once the cats woke up they realized their lives were changed forever. Princess Sofia woke up and found herself sleeping in a pile of hay. Sandra woke up and found herself in the softest bed she has every felt before. Because of their wishes, they switched places in life!

Princess Sofia saw a mouse shoot across the barn floor and with out hesitating she chased after the mouse until it was out of the barn, into the pasture, on the other side of the forest.
“Wow! What fun! I never want to go back to the city, ever!” exclaimed Princess Sofia as she chased another mouse, and another, and another. She spent the entire day chasing mice.

Sandra was busy changing the television channels from the Disney channel, to the Food Network channel, to TBS. She said, “Oh what the life! I could lay around and do nothing all day long. I never want to go back to the farm!” Sandra spent the rest of the day watching television and taking naps.

Now this went on for months. Princess Sofia chased mice all day long, all week long. Sandra spent her days laying in her soft bed and watching television. They both thought they were living the life.

After a while, Sandra said, “I am so bored. Everything on television is re-runs and I haven’t ran in six months.” She started to find her self missing her farm and working, she was really sad.
Meanwhile, on the farm, Princess Sofia started to cry. “I am so tired. All I do all day long is run and chase mice. I just want to sit in my soft bed and do nothing all day long.”

One day at the exact same time, Sandra in the big city apartment and Princess Sofia on the big farm said, “I am miserable! I should have never wished to change my life. What I would do to be back at home!”

At that exact moment the ground started shaking, the cats screamed, and all of a sudden everything went black.

When they woke up, Princess Sofia was in her soft bed in the big city apartment and Sandra was in her pile of hay in the barn on the big farm.

They lived happily ever after and never wished to live any where else again!

No comments: