Friday, February 15, 2008

Ever After

I really enjoyed the movie Ever After that we watched in class. I think I really liked it because I love the Cinderella story, and this was a Cinderella story with out the magic that makes the happy ending.
Danielle was a strong woman through out the entire movie. She stood up for herself against her stepmother and her horrid stepsister. With the help of the other servants, she could deceive her stepfamily and spend an entire day at a time with the prince, yet the stepfamily wasn’t smart enough to figure it out. The Queen had to tell them. I thought this was funny; the step-mom was very strict on Danielle, yet she had no clue that she would disappear all day with the Prince. How do you not know where one of your servants is?
I really liked this movie because for once the male in the movie was almost useless. He didn’t save Danielle one time. He ran from his home like a little child. In a lot of movies, the guy is the one that saves the girl over and over again; yet in this movie, Danielle was the rescuer for herself and sometimes for him as well.
My favorite lines out of the movie were: “I’m just here for the food!” (I thought it was really funny!) Also, at the end when Danielle says that she wants shown to her stepmother the same gratitude she had shown her. The look on the stepmothers face was priceless.
The stepmother and the horrible blonde-haired sister were the two characters that I disliked. They were so cruel and so stupid at times, they looked like complete idiots when they ran in at the end of the movie all dressed up, thinking the Prince was going to ask for her hand in marriage. The ending was really great!

No comments: