Sunday, February 10, 2008

Cinderella

I love Cinderella, it is by far my favorite story! I watch the Walt Disney Cinderella like monthly! As childish as that sounds, I really love the move and story. Out of all the Cinderella stories we read, my favorite was Cinderella and the Glass Slipper by George Cruikshank.

I found it very humorous how the step mother was a gambler and that she brought the family into poverty. I don’t know why, I just found it hilarious. But I think the main reason I liked this story so much was that it had so many parts that the Disney Cinderella has. In the Disney Cinderella the Fairy Godmother just appears magically while Cinderella is crying, in this story Cinderella is crying and the Godmother just so happens to come over.

Another comparison was how the Godmother turned the pumpkin into a carriage, mushrooms into wheels, six white mice into horses, green lizards into servants and rats into a driver. In the movie she turns a pumpkin and mice and a dog into the carriage and the team.

Bibbity-bobbity-boo. My favorite part of the movie! I even have that song on my cell phone as a ringer, but shhh, that’s a secret! In this story the song is, “Now, pumpkin, mushrooms, rat, and mice, and lizards, all change! To a coach-and six, with servants strong and tall, to make my darling daughter to the Royal Ball.”

Then the dress, of course there is the dress. “She found all her dingy, rough-working dress changed, in an instant, into one of the most beautiful dresses that can be imagined; her stomacher studded with diamonds, and her neck and arms encircled with the most costly jewels.” In the movie Cinderella has the prettiest dress on; it’s white and silver, fit for a princess.

In both the story and the movie, Cinderella must leave the palace before the clock strikes twelve, or the charm will be broken. And the glass slipper is also the same in each story.

I really enjoyed reading Cinderella and the Glass Slipper because it reminded me of my favorite movie!

1 comment:

Dr. Elizabeth Robinson said...

3 entries, each exceeds 100 words, excellent variety; content is good. See Vista for grade.

Dr. R